Physics 492 Friday FeatureTM Topics:
Is the fine structure constant a constant?
- evolution of the temperature of the universe
- applications of spherical harmonics
- muon-g-2.pdf The muon's anomalous magnetic moment has recently been measured to
high precision. Muon E821 Experimental Results Theoretically, the measurement is also sensitive to an electric dipole moment,
implying a bound of < 3x10^-19. hep-ph/0208106
- QM-of-photosynthesis.pdf recent experiment and theory
- hydrogen-stark.pdf imaging the wave function
Is the ratio of electron to proton mass constant? http://arxiv.org/abs/1001.4080
- atomic simulation of spin orbit coupling nature news physic world
- solar neutrino puzzle solar-neutrino.pdf
- trapped antimatter 2010, from 2002
- Is the universe cooling?(feature) Time evolution of the CMB temperature (paper)
- The World of Quantum Chaos
- What makes the Stars Shine?
- Watching Atoms Move
- The Quantum Dimension of Photosynthesis
- Don't Let Them Know You're Watching
- Sudden death of entanglement at finite temperature
- Complementarity in the Einstein–Bohr photon box American Journal of Physics -- September 2008 -- Volume 76, Issue 9, pp. 838-842
- An entangled web of crime: Bell's theorem as a short story American Journal of Physics -- October 2005 -- Volume 73, Issue 10, pp. 932-937
- A precision test of decoherence
- Path integrals and the WKB approximation
- Probing the limits of the quantum world
- Quantum zeno effect, Phys Rev A 41, 1 March 1990.
recent Bell's inequality experiments: PRL 91, 7 Dec. 1998; Nature vol 409, 15 Feb 2001.
Interference of large molecules (Bucky Balls) PRL 88, 11 March 2001.
experiments with the quantum harmonic oscillator-- coherent states and
Schrodinger cat states of a trapped Be-9+ ion. quant-ph/9702038 19 Feb 1997.
- Aharonov-Bohm Effects (Physics Today, Sept. 2009)
Destroying interference by determining which path the
electron takes using an Aharonov-Bohm interferometer.
Nature Vol 391 (871) Feb. 26, 1998
- The behavior of electrons confined to 1D motion in a circle and subject
to a magnetic field has recently been studied experimentally. Nature, October 25,
Tunnelling of magnetic domain walls-- a unique system behaving analogous to
the tunneling of a particle with an experimentally tunable mass. Nature, October 11, 2001.
Bouncing Neutrons-- quantum states of neutrons in a gravitational potential. (http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/hep-ph/0502081) Nature, January 17, 2002.
precision Planck's constant.Physical Review Letters, v.81, p. 2404,1998
He-3 tomography, Cern Courier, 2001.
NMR Spectroscopy and Imaging, cond-mat/0004346 1 Aug 2000.
- Hunds Paradox resolved and decohenrence theory
- New Experimental Limit on the Photon Rest Mass with a Rotating Torsion Balance
- half-life of doubly magic Ni-78 http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2965
- muon catalyzed fusion http://www.rikenresearch.riken.jp/eng/frontline/5976